With absence.io you can give users the right to add absences for other users and send an absence request to the approver.
If you want a user to create absences without sending an absences request, the assistant should be given the approver role.
- Simply go to the settings, then departments
- Open a department and add an assistant
- This user can now add absences for all users in this department
- The approvers of these absences will be sent
This allows for multi step absence approval & management assistant roles helping out the department to manage absences.
In summary the rules for approvers and assistants can be summarised as:
- Approvers can only approve absences
- Assistants can only send requests
- If User A is both assistant and approver for User B they can send requests for other users and approve those requests (automatically).
- If they are Assistant for User C but not their approver then they can create requests which will be sent to the appropriate approver.
- If they are approver for User D then they can only approve their absences but not create/update any