Setup the AD absence.io app
Sections in this article
- Maintain SCIM Provisioning & Details of Technical Steps
- Provision Users to absence.io from Active Directory
- Troubleshooting & known Issues
- Setup SCIM in absence.io & connect to Active Directory
Please note, that it might be difficult for us to help you on some issues. This is due to the diversity of Active Directory setups, licenses, the access restrictions in place and the sensitivity of the data.
We kindly advise that a Microsoft Azure Expert can help you on your end if needed. We are of course here to help you with problems as far as possible!
If you are interested in the technical details - further down you find troubleshooting steps & technical infrastructure of our Azure Active Directory SCIM integration.
Setup SCIM in absence.io & connect to Active Directory
- Given: a.io account with firstname.lastname@example.org + any number of email@example.com user profiles
- company connect with in a.io china create instance
- create custom app in AD
- create groups in AD for AD identities assign AD User Identities to this group within the custom app
- Existing a.io users with "firstname.lastname@example.org" in AD "username" field -> SSO for users active, included in provisioning cycles
- Non existing absence.io users -> created as inactive in absence.io, no invite send out