absence.io allows admins to connect a g-suite or Microsoft O365 business account to the absence.io organisation. In the following we will show you how employees with role user in absence.io can setup and enable the calendar sync.
Once the owner or admin has enabled the integrations, users can choose to integrate and sync their personell google or outlook calendars with their absence.io profile, allowing absences to be synced to the calendars. In this way a users vacation will be visible to other calendar users while creating calendar events.
- Go to your user profile
- Klick on "Integrations"
- Verify the Google or Office Integrations are visible (if not, ask your admin)
- Klick on "Connect"
- Complete OAuth of Google or Office account
- Enable calendar sync in absence.io
Here are the statuses we sync to the calendars:
- Absences of vacation leave type will show as "Out of office"
- Absences pending approval show as "Tentative"
- Absences which "count as work" show as "Available"