You can perform the following troubleshooting steps if you have problems with your absence.io terminal.
first we Recommend updating the terminal:
- Check version & Update - Press the gear in the upper left corner of the touch screen, authenticate with your admin card. Now scroll down to "Version" and click. Note the version and share it with our support team. Now click on "Check Update" in the menu and update the terminal as shown.
Here are some more actions you can take to help resolve terminal issues:
- Check if terminal subscription is active - Visit the subscriptions page in absence.io settings and make sure the terminal subscription is active. If you get a "getAbsenceUserCredentials(): 200" error please contact us so we can check if the terminal activation is all ready (API & Subscription).
- State of Charge - Make sure the terminal is plugged in and use the supplied power plug and cable. Charge the terminal for at least 4 hours and try different sockets if necessary.
- Restart - Turn off the terminal or restart it: Insert the supplied pen into the pin hole on top of the terminal and hold it pressed for 3 seconds. On the touch screen, select the Restart option and, if necessary, the Reset option.
- Show & send system log - Press the gear in the upper left corner of the touch screen, authenticate with your admin card and hold the dial for 5 seconds. You can send the terminal logs to support from here. Maybe a photo of the protocol can help to support it.
- Restore factory settings - Tap the gear in the upper left corner of the touch screen and select 'Settings'. You will be prompted to authenticate by holding your admin card against the terminal. In the settings, select "Reset to factory settings". Confirm the reset in the next step.
This will usually fix all problems as soon as you log back in and set up the terminal again. Your recorded times and user data are not affected!