Our Web Terminal feature is currently in the Free Beta Phase, let us know when you want to register!
With the web terminals every client (tablets, PCs, cell phones) with a camera can be set up as a time recording terminal. The users can start and stop their time recording by scanning a QR code at the terminal.
Setup of mobile terminals (in Beta)
- iOS users: Take an iPad or iPhone (preferably with a forward facing camera). Make sure you have TestFlight installed and setup (do so from the app store).
- On your device click on this link https://testflight.apple.com/join/EP0mHaE8
- Install our "absence.io terminals" App from within the TestFlight App
- Android users
- Log in with your absence.io Admin credentials in the mobile terminal app
- Give your device a name
- Give access to the camera of the devices
- The terminal mode is started. Let's go!
- Scan your absence.io QR code (See below on how to create one)
- Set up more users for time tracking (Also see below)
Setup Users for Mobile Terminal Time Tracking
- After activating the terminal on any device, go to a user profile on the web.
- Create a QR Code for the user in app.absence.io -> Users -> User Profile
- Find the QR code for an existing card ID, if you have hardware terminals
- Or create a random QR code by typing something into the ID card field.
- Users can now download the QR Code & Print it
- or display it on your their absence.io app
- Admins can create a printable PDF of all QR Codes in the User -> Bulk Actions
- Create time entries with web terminals (see below)
Creating time entries with terminals
- Make sure that you have set up a mobile terminal and that you have been assigned a QR code.
- Open the QR Code
- In your absence.io mobile app
- Or as a picture on your cell phone
- Scan the QR code at the mobile terminal
- You are logged in and your time tracking starts immediately!
- If you say goodbye in the break or after work, it works the same way -> scan the QR code and select Pause or Stop.