Have you already seen our new mobile terminal app in your App Store?
You have - great! Here is a short instruction on how to set it up and use it. All you need is a mobile device with a camera - so a tablet, an iPad or even a phone.
Setup mobile terminals
1. Take your preferred tablet and download the absence.io mobile terminal app
2. Log in with your absence.io Admin credentials
3. Create a new terminal and give it a name. In case you already have a terminal with the same name, this will be deactivated automatically
4. If asked, allow access to the camera
5. You're done with setting up the terminal - Easy right?
Btw. you will see the new terminal in your normal absence.io account under Settings > Terminals
Now you want the users to start clocking in via the tablet - So let's see below!
Assign individual QR codes for clock in / clock out
Let's say you have an employee called Kevin. Kevin should clock in and out via the new set up mobile terminal. What Kevin needs is an individual, super modern QR code.
1. Open the User tab in your absence.io account and click on Kevin's name to enter his profile
2. Under Basic information you'll see a field called "punsh card ID"
3. Enter 14 random digits and see how Kevin's QR code gets created. If you already have terminals and assigned ID cards, the QR code has been created automatically
4. Kevin has now different options to see and use his QR code
- He can just open the absence.io app on his phone and see the code in the top right corner
- Or, if Kevin doesn't use his phone, he can download and print the QR code to later glue it on his favourite card.
Do you want to have a list of all QR codes, no problem! Just go to the User tab, select all users and click the option "QR code".
Creating time entries with mobile terminal
You thought this was quick and simple - well now comes the real easy part!
1. Put up your tablet and open the absence.io terminal app
2. Now Kevin comes to work and
- either opens his personal absence.io app, clicks on the QR code
- or pulls out the card with the QR code glued on
3. He scans the code with the terminal camera
4. Presses the play button
5. And Bam - he is clocked in.
Everyone deserves a break - even Kevin. So he will just repeat the procedure and press the pause button. And if he spontaneously decides to call it a day, presses the stop button.