This feature is in beta right now, let us know if you want to sign up!
Web terminals allow every client (Tablets, PCs, Mobiles) with a camera to be setup as a time tracking terminal. Users can then start and stop their time entries by scanning a QR code at the terminal.
- Find a tablet or other client (preferably with a front facing camera)
- On this device go to settings -> time tracking
- Scroll to the bottom and click on "turn on terminal mode"
- Give your device a name and save
- Give access to your devices camera
- Terminal mode is launched & all your other user sessions will be terminated for security reasons
- After activating the terminal go to a users profile
- In basic in formation create a QR code
- Either for an existing Card ID if you have hardware terminals
- Or Create a random QR code by typing anything in the ID card field
- Users can now download the QR code from their profile
- Print this or view it on your mobile for scanning
- Admins can create a printable PDF of all QR codes in Users -> Bulk action
Create time entries with web terminals
Make sure you have a web terminal setup & a QR code assigned to you.
- Open the QR code
- In your absence.io mobile app
- Or as an image on your phone
- Or as print out
- Scan the QR code at the web terminal