This feature is in beta right now, let us know if you want to sign up!
Web terminals allow every client (Tablets, PCs, Mobiles) with a camera to be setup as a time tracking terminal. Users can then start and stop their time entries by scanning a QR code at the terminal.
- Find a tablet or other client (preferably with a front facing camera)
- On this device go to settings -> time tracking
- Scroll to the bottom and click on "turn on terminal mode"
- Give your device a name and save
- Give access to your devices camera
- Terminal mode is launched & all your other user sessions will be terminated for security reasons
How to use web terminals
- Assign a ID to a user in the user profile
- Create QR code for the ID
- Create a web terminal device like described
- Hold up your QR code to the web terminal
- Make sure you have allowed access to the camera on the device
- Click on the camera icon on web terminal mode to enable the camera
- Your time entry will be created and visible on all other absence.io devices (web and mobile).
- After activating the terminal go to a users profile
- In basic in formation create a QR code
- Either for an existing Card ID if you have hardware terminals
- Or Create a random QR code by typing anything in the ID card field
- Users can now download the QR code from their profile
- Print this or view it on your mobile for scanning
- Admins can create a printable PDF of all QR codes in Users -> Bulk action
Create time entries with web terminals
Make sure you have a web terminal setup & a QR code assigned to you.
- Open the QR code
- In your absence.io mobile app
- Or as an image on your phone
- Or as print out
- Scan the QR code at the web terminal
Manage Web Terminals
absence.io offers hardware and web based terminals as part of our time tracking subscription.
You can add new web terminals when you have the web terminal subscription and are an admin. Use the above steps to turn any of the supported devices into a web terminal.
In time tracking settings you can find a list of all terminals (web & hardware).
If you want to block users from creating absences on a terminal you can remove terminals from this list.
To setup a device with as an existing terminal simply start terminal mode with the exact name of the terminal. This will make sure all time entries are created with the correct ID (check in the latest activities).