Curious what absence.io is up to? Here, you'll find updates on new features that we released, bug fixes, and other fun changes to our apps.
- Or schedule a call with our product owner Robin here
- Users in our new allowance2 logic see an advanced overview of their allowance source in calendars and profiles
- Admins can now use the improved user selection (with "Select all users" when adding to department, Time Tracking Access and Teams
November 27, 2020
- Availability synced to Google calendar intgrations & ICS subscriptions. User can now view absences as out of office, tentative or busy depending on the "counts as work" setting on the leave type.
- Leave type days notice: You can now setup a warning on requesting absences on short notice. On each leave type select how many days in advance you want users to request the leave type to show late requesters a warning on short notice absences.
- Admin of pending questionnaire on dashboard so you can quickly determine who has sent a questionnaire.
- Absence availability for O365 integration: Your absences from the calendar subscription now show with correct availability. If your leave type is considered "work" the events in outlook will now show as "tentative" while all other leave types are shown as "out of office".
- ICS performance improvements so the events should load faster and take less resources from other users.
- Time tracking stats performance improvements, time tracking page loads up to 20x faster now.October 22, 2020
- Admins can now give user role time tracking edit rights on other users. In this way you can setup assistants that help your team track their time correctly.
- Admins can now edit labels in settings. Add new labels, change the name of existing labels & decide if labels are available on time entries or absences.
- You can now select which columns to show in reports.
- Admins can enable the setting to always change time entries according to work schedules. Users will not be able to create entries which do not follow their schedule start and end times or breaks, unless the admin allows another setting.
In August we had a bunch of smaller releases which summed up this beautiful list
- First of all we made sure that we charge only 16% VAT during the government issued months
- Labels are here! All users can now create and edit labels on absences and time entries.
- Mobile also supports labels on absences and time entries.
- Admins can create absences for others on the create absence screen
- If you have a automatically created time entry you can now overwrite the break by applying a setting on the time entry
Some smaller improvements
- In reports you now find the options "this year" & "last year" when the report is grouped by months
- Always show bulk actions on users page
- Sorting documents in user profile by date added
- On any web terminal device you can now return to the web terminal from the login screen
July 17, 2020
- New setting for auto-breaks: Users can now edit breaks which where automatically added-
- Compensations Dashboard now show an overview of the current cycle. Find out which users have the most overtime & scheduled hours left in the current month or week.
- Users can now change the timezone of time tracking entries in the timesheet.
July 9, 2020
- Company calendar excel export available to admin roles (HR, Admin, Owner).
- For all users on our Accrual Public Beta: We improved our user profile allowances screen. The data shown now is correctly shown in periods based on the policy, not vacation year setting.
- Our new timeline in Accrual User Profiles quickly shows you all the changes to your allowances.
July 1, 2020
Exciting new view of your compensations!
- New compensation screen: Our new compensations dashboard allows you to quickly check your compensation tasks. Setup your planned compensations tasks & check your past compensations completion state.
- Time Tracking bug fixes related to terminal tokens authentication, merging time entries, viewing today in different timezones & refreshing the time sheet.
- Covid 19 VAT reduction: Making sure we charge the correct VAT for our German Customers during the government enforced VAT tax reduction.
May 12, 2020
Our timesheet improved a lot!
- Add entries in between other entries in the timesheet to quickly add entries you forgot to track
- Edit time entries start and end times inline without opening the detail view
- changes to the timesheet no longer refresh the whole page
- view your scheduled hours per week and month in the time sheet
- pending absences are now shown in the time sheet
April 24, 2020
- You can now delete any compensation to revert back changes made to allowances & the compensation nation flag on time entries.
- Internally our team now has a more reliable & secure authentication method for our internal backoffice tool. This ensures we can only access customer data as needed & track changes made by our team.April 15, 2020
- Our new checkbox component allows you to edit settings in components without the edit step. Check it out in your company settings.
- Keyboard support for flip-switches, checkboxes and radio buttons
- On uploaded documents in the user profile you can now see the source of the file & related absence.
March 25, 2020
- Setup repeating multi week schedules with our newest update to work schedules!
- Our Microsoft Active Directory SCIM integration can now show logs from AD in the absence.io settings
- We can now give out trials to customers fro products as needed. Let us know should you need more time to test and we can negotiate.
- UI improved sticky headers on the time sheet & the calendar
March 12, 2020
- You can now buy terminals from our subscription page in settings
- Initialise a users overtime balance with a start date. Admins can give users overtime & setup the start date of time tracking
- UI of the overtime balance statistics in time sheet improved with a custom period selection
March 11, 2020
- Trial users can now book a demo from the navigation in the product
- Setting to block all time entry creation except for terminals.
- Settings menu has a new look & colors
March 10, 2020
- Auto add breaks & time sheet date picker bug fixes
- SCIM provisioning with Microsoft Active Directory is now available to all customers
- Filter absences in the time sheet agenda view
February 27, 2020
- bug fixes in time sheet filters, date picker & stats component
February 25, 2020
- we can now send you in product notifications with our notifications sidebar being bigger and tabbed. Stay tuned for the first message from our product team!
- Company calendar & time sheet filters are better and some bug fixes.
February 7, 2020- Our new agenda view simplifies the time tracking sheet & made it more powerful with more filtering options. Now you can view all your absences filtered by leave type, scheduled work days and tracked work on one place!
February 5, 2020
Just some bug fixes today ;)
- Approvers who are not an admin can now forward absence requests via mobile apps
- Absence units corrected in emails so we show how much allowance in hours you have left
January 31, 2020
- Notifications shown in a sidebar so you can see more info with one glance
- Jump to any date on timetracking page an scroll up or down indefinitely :)
- Added “Created On” date on absence-detail so you can view when a request was created
- In compensations view we improved the filters to show more data when you visit this page. Now you can easily deselect the default values.
- our zendesk widget now only sends data to us when we need it - when you request a support ticket with us. Less data we need to care about and you have flying around. ;)
January 15, 2020
First release of this year, happy new year and all the best to everyone :)!
- DPF history report fix so you can report on personnel files created before 2018
- first time entry of a user can be created on terminals
- Admins can assign a map to themselves during setup
December 20, 2019
- time tracking has a fresh new view that can be selected. In this agenda see you can see all absences, holidays and absences in one view!
- Our new compensations screen shows you all compensations which where done, how much allowance was compensated and which time entries where affected
- Our new Microsoft Active Directory provisioning app is ready for testing. We have hidden it for now, contact us should you be interested to provision users from active directory to absence.io.
December 17, 2019
- New compensations screen: Create and view more details about compensations like users affected, allowance given.
- More reliable and timely email notifications
- Navigation icons have changed a little
December 10, 2019
- better confirmation when changing time entries which are following the user schedule
- table headers stick on top of screen when scrolling
November 21, 2019
- emails for report exports are send regardless of applied filters
November 20, 2019
- New start screen shows user profile with time tracking and absences so you can take your most needed actions quickest
- Show to be added entries if you have the auto add break feature enabled in the time sheet
- Show overtime statistics and limits in time sheet
- Date pickers in calendar format & improved stopwatch UI
- Huge performance improvements & bug fixes for Android and iOS
November 13, 2019
- Time entries show the compensation icon on grouped entries
- The compensation checkmark on time entry groups is yellow if only some entries have been compensated in the group
- Reports are now send by mail when they have a lot of entries
November 08, 2019
- You can now reset filters applied in the company calendar
- Tooltips explain the content of time tracking report columns
October 31, 2019
- Filter for viewing compensation in a period & viewing compensations applying to a period in new compensation screen
October 22, 2019
- Compensations page with all compensations
- Compensation details sidebar with users and time entries affected by a compensation
October 17, 2019
- Users can set monday to be the start of the week in my Calendar
- Monday as week start is applied to all date pickers, calendars and lists
October 16, 2019
- Dark Mode (for android 10+ and iOS 13+)
- Forcing android users to update if the app version is too old
October 11, 2019
- Breaks defined in user schedules can be automatically added to the users time sheet on clock out. Find this in the time tracking settings
September 24, 2019
- Displaying Company Guide on Overtime Stats area in the timesheet
- Time tracking details report can be grouped by days, weeks, months, years dependent on period selected
- Admins can view terminal IDs and status in time tracking settings
- Terminal authenticates as its own identity instead of using owner credentials
- Accrual yearly allowance report export is send by mail
September 13, 2019
- We accept payment autorisation through the new EU PSD2 regulation
- Accrual policies expiration checkbox is more intuitive
- Performance fixes & better internal error logging
September 05, 2019
- Crashes on older android versions fixed
- Date pickers now respect both the device and entry timezones
- In the dashboard admins can differentiate better between request in their team & requests to them
August 30, 2019
- Slider button directly on time entry so you can edit entries lightning fast
August 21, 2019
- All users can now upload documents regardless of their role. But user roles cannot view admin uploads (for now)
- Really long team lists now wrap in the user profile overview
- Performance improvements on Company Calendar and User Calendar
- Company calendar always shows the month name on the heade independent of zoom level
- Showing holidays and other day info with tooltips in calendars
- Edit timespans with sliders available on all time entries
June 10, 2019
- Display approver of deleted absences in latest activities: approver name shown instead of "undefined" in some cases
- Duplicate open timespans no longer possible
June 5, 2019
- Auto expire tokens after 30 days of inactivity
- Password brute force throttling: 10 failed login attempts triggers a 60 second cooldown
- Improved Account Switcher: Logging out of an account while logged in to several accounts will go to login page with new option to switch directly into another account
- Field limit on Digital Personnel File report removed
- Secondary Insurance and Disability Status fields added to Digital Personnel File
- Allow different timespans to start or end at the same time as another, decreasing instances of "Overlapping entries" error
- Missing notifications for Digital Personnel File questionnaires fixed
- Cut off modals on some iPads and small screens fixed
May 27, 2019
- Document uploads on absences are now available to all subscription levels! Upload your doctor's notes or expenses to absences in your calendar!
- IE 11 support is back!
- Improve query performance on absence actions from emails
May 24, 2019
- New setting in Time Tracking Settings: Validate timespans against German Labor Law rules - will indicate if time spans exceed maximum hours allowed and breaks are not taken
- Better indication for timezones on gaps in time entries
- Absence notifications from absences load much faster
- Changes to Company Calendar to increase performance
- More database connections per instance to handle increased number of users
- Assistants can see approvers and absence years info
- Showing reasons filter for users with the right to access reports
May 16, 2019
- On narrow screens, hamburger navbar no longer opens underneath the user profile
- Absences endpoint now return deleted absences if requested
May 15, 2019
- Implemented measures to improve performance
April 29, 2019
- Improved UI on interval selection for statistics on Timetracking left sidebar
- Improved UI behavior on “Edit time entry” sidebar when user tabs through the elements
- Time sheets: entries can now be collapsed/expanded on day level
- DPF export no longer contains duplicated fields
April 10, 2019
- Dashboard: Today’s absences and Delete request no longer show inactive users’ absences
- Vacation provisioning report correctly shows total number of days taken
- Select All checkbox added to import user lists (Office 365 and G Suite)
- Android: Google Login Scopes now match the web app ones; fixes login issue
April 1, 2019
- When importing users via Office 365 or G Suite, they are added with the correct number of days in allowance
- Validation error on user shift update fixed
- Time Tracking: added Source Type and Source Id; source of clock in /clock out / break is now shown in time tracking latest activities
- App permissions can be granted via Azure AD for the whole company
March 27, 2019
- Made the display of decimals in compensation calculator pretty again
March 25, 2019
- Google Sign In on mobile app works again now
March 22, 2019
- Delete notifications are not sent if absence has never been approved in the first place
- Integrations: disconnecting Office 365 and G Suite integrations from absence.io account removes absence.io app in the Admin Center / Admin Console
March 19, 2019
- Time Tracking: Quick delete on timespans
- Timezones display and sorted by GMT offset in user profiles
- Users' work schedules in profile display working times as clocks
- Bulk shift changes in Users menu now available to non-Time Tracking users
March 17, 2019
- iOS: Complete rewrite of iOS app (v1) released
March 8, 2019
- Time Tracking: hover and focus state restored and merging up working again
March 7, 2019
- Time Tracking: Quick actions on every time entry; quickly change type or merge with adjacent entries
- Added totals on Excel exports; filtered data includes a line with sums for time tracking reports
- Improvements in Company Calendar: overall responsiveness improved and horizontal scrolling now smoother than a baby’s bottom
- Company Calendar now available on smaller device screens
- App Startup time improved 3x for large accounts
- When Company Calendar disabled, users' absences are not shown in mobile apps
- Decimal time converter shows correct decimals in times under 9 minutes
- Time Tracking Entries Report: Excel export now includes email, department and location
March 5, 2019
- Vacation Accrual report updated with much more detail
- Direct download on Safari now possible
- Dashboard now considers residual leave in Vacation Left list sorting
February 27, 2019
- New Time Tracking Entries report - download all time entries, including comments!
- Total duration on time entries updates in real-time during editing
- Fix and improve Vacation Left list in dashboard
- Absences in Company Calendar yearly view no longer hidden until screen size is adjusted
- Last users in Company Calendar are loaded immediately in Chrome
- Fixed an issue where approvers were not accepted when editing an approved absence in some cases
- Multiple Accounts: Account switcher opens new tab as current account
- Dropdowns in time entry creation pane now disappear when changing field, improving manual editing
- Hover element on absence in Safari was sometimes shown in wrong position
February 5, 2019
- Germany now has International Women’s day as a default public holiday in Berlin
February 4, 2019
- Consistent focus on filter search field on dropdowns!
- Save view setting when changing away from timesheet
- Approver and Substitute fields on absence report export fixed
January 24, 2019
- Got rid of the duplicate questionnaire banner in profile
- Increased query performance for locations and departments to improve app speed
January 23, 2019
- Users search and dropdown menu list no longer limited to 70 users
- Added more production instances to improve app performance
January 21, 2019
- Kosovo holidays available!
January 17, 2019
- Japan holidays available!
- Statistics in Timesheet shows overtime balance
- Date selection added to overtime balance in Timesheet
- Company Calendar to My Calendar button displays correctly on all users
January 11, 2019
- Changing absence leave type in past year updates allowance
December 21, 2018
- Timesheet did not display entries on Dec 31st - fixed!
December 19, 2018
- Disable password and Hawk authentication to force login via Google or Office 365 SSO
December 13, 2018
- Favicon updated
December 11, 2018
- Hourly absences for everyone!
December 10, 2018
- Overlapping Absences optional
- Team Calendar graph blocking range slider fixed
December 7, 2018
- Russian holidays translated
December 5, 2018
- Resetting timespan list on filtered user change
December 4, 2018
- Sort holiday regions in dropdown menu in Locations
- Keep current tab on update (on user-detail sidebar)
- Lazy loading on Time Tracking List decreases loading time
- Structured fields in user-detail/general for better readability
November 28, 2018
- More specific holiday info added to hover in calendar
November 27, 2018
- Compensation rule multiplier added
- Hourly absences affect scheduled hours in TT reports and stats
November 19, 2018
- SSO multi-login possible for Google, Office, Slack
November 8, 2018
- Absence approved, absence updated, and absence notification emails now contain .ics files for that absence
November 2, 2018
- Relevant fields show decimal hours
October 26, 2018
- Absence Request Emails are now showing correct dates for absence periods
- absence.io is now functional on Internet Explorer again
October 25, 2018
- Hourly Absences and Allowance
- New registration flow when creating a new account
October 10, 2018
UPGRADE ON ANDROID APP (v2.3)
- Digital Personnel File: attach documents to absences by taking a picture or selecting a file
- Digital Personnel File: view uploaded documents on absences
- Time Tracking: show if a time entry is type ‘work’ or ‘break’
October 9, 2018
- Improve overtime compensation: show alert if an entry is being revised a second time and display an icon on revised entries
September 25, 2018
- Multi-session and quick swap between sessions for users with multiple accounts
- Ability to deduct allowance without creating an absence
- Ability to pick your timezone in the user profile
September 18, 2018
- Time Tracking: all users have access to Time Tracking by default, regardless of role
- New loading animation
September 11, 2018
- absence.io is now available in the French language
- System-wide email uniqueness no longer enforced when attempting to update users emails
- Clearer language on an error message when attempting to integrate a company to a third-party account that has already been integrated to another account
September 4, 2018
- Time Tracking: improvements to Time Tracking settings (no longer shows admins as possible visibility exceptions)
- Time Tracking: ability to run Overtime Compensation for single users directly from the Time Tracking tab
- Emails are no longer unique system-wide; can use one email address within several accounts
- When logging in, if the email entered is not unique, the app will ask for the Company Identifier (6 digit number)
- Emails are still unique within a company account; cannot have duplicate emails within one company account
- Company Identifier is now exposed under the company settings, invitation, and registration emails
- Reports: now showing inactive users, even when specified on the filters
August 30, 2018
- absence.io is now available in the Turkish language
- Notification emails for absences now always show overlapping absences
August 24, 2018
- Ability to hide Time Tracking from a list of users if the feature is enabled for the company
August 22, 2018
- Time Tracking: open time entry sidebar shows updated total time
- Time Tracking stats issues and performance improvements
August 14, 2018
- Time sheet for Time Tracking: timers will update automatically if the stopwatch is running
- Time sheet for Time Tracking: statistics section is now always expanded (instead of being hidden)
- Bulk actions under the Users tab are now more visible when users are selected
- Several translations on the app
August 7, 2018
- Admins/HR/owners can now change working hours for users in bulk under the Users section
- Approvers no longer see notifications if the requesting user has been deleted