Note: To set up or edit allowances, you need to be owner, HR or Admin.
In absence.io organizations can create annual or monthly absence allowances. This article describes how to set up the different allowances for all users in your organization.
Set up/edit allowances
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Allowances.
- Up to four allowances can be activated. To activate and use an allowance, simply turn it on with the small switch at the end of the line:
- The allowances can be count either in days or in hours - the exception is the vacation allowance on the top, which can only be used by day.
- It is also possible to define whether the employees can go negative with this allowance or not:
- Any number of individual policies for employees can then be edited under the allowances; let's take a look how to use them:
- A vacation arrangement of 28 days per year, available from January of each year and expiring on March 31 of the following year:
- Let's take a look at another example using home office. The policy here is that each employee gets 5 days of home office per month, the days are only valid for this month and cannot be accumulated:
- Any number of policies can be created. These are then individually assigned to the employees. Different requirements can thus be optimally mapped.
Here you can learn how to link your quotas to absence types.
You can read more about creating leave types here.
Instructions on how to assign your allowances to your employees can be found here.